About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Friday, September 21, 2012

Let me begin today's blog with this....  To Katie, my beautiful niece, I only have one thing to say to you!  I Love You...  Sometimes the clarity we need in a situation comes from the strangest of places and yesterday that clarity came from my sweet Katie.  Moving on when a spouse passes has got to be one of the most difficult things in the world!  I take that back, I've lost a sibling, both parents, a blessed aunt and a dear, dear friend.  The one thing I have not lost is a child so, saying that losing a spouse is the most difficult thing in the world may not be completely accurate.  All I know is losing my beloved B is one of the longest, hardest journeys I have ever had to take.  The 2nd anniversary of his death will be here in no time and the closer it gets the sadder I get, besides winter is coming and that always makes me depressed. I HATE WINTER!!  Praying for peace always.... 

1 comment:

  1. Aunt Vicki,
    I am glad it was able to help you as that was my purest intent. You are right; it is difficult -- beyond imagination -- but you are surviving every day -- even if some of those days it ends (or starts, I am not discriminating here - lol) with the desire to curl up and cry, you ARE doing it. In John, 14:27, Jesus says this to us: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." Sometimes, probably more often than not, it is so hard to feel/see/know His peace. But, He promised it so it is there for the taking. I pray you feel/see/know it today.
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete