About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

HUH?!?!?

Went for my first long ride on "Pearl" this past Sunday. I rode to church and was surprised to see his sister and her husband and grand daughter there. (they kinda stopped coming to early mass) After mass I asked if she would like to see the new bike, and she said sure. So while we are walking across the parking lot she says "If you ever decide to sell his vest I will buy that no matter how much." HUH?!?!? I would never sell something so personal and sentimental. Does she think I am just selling his stuff left and right to get rid of him? Does anyone else in his family think that? Have they already started tearing me down at family outings? I did miss a family bridal shower, did they start there? And as we were looking at the bike she must have said 10 times "I wish I could have bought Bernie's bike, I sure wish you hadn't sold it". Do they REALLY think that he is in those "things"?? He is still so much a part of my life, I always think about what he would say or do before I make a move... The only decision I made on my own was the bike purchase and I'm sure if he were here he would have agreed with me that it was a good deal. Does anyone really know how hard it is for me to go on, to make any decisions, to sleep in our bed, to look in his closet, to even look in the cupboards where "our" favorite cereal bowls are, to glance at one of his pictures on the mantle, to do laundry without his clothes in there.... this list is infinite. Should I just go to his family and tell them? Do I really need to prove anything to anyone...... vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment