About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Family

When a person has cancer it doesn't only affect that person's spouse or significant other, it affects their entire family.... children, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews etc, etc. The best thing the sick person's family can do is be supportive of their spouse. I thought I had their love and support until my "meltdown"!! Now I have this person coming in and out of my house totally disrespecting me, I mean there isn't so much as a glance in my direction let alone a greeting (civil or otherwise). The worse thing is I just want to tell him to get the hell out of my house, but I'm not like that!! The thing is, in the 30 years we have been together, NO ONE knows what my husband and I have been through, talked about, laughed about, cried about, discussed or decided and even though his illness and certain death is hard on everyone, it is hardest on ME!!! The only thing I need right now is people to just be there. I know some of them think that I don't like having them around all the time or all of them at once but I don't mind because when everyone is gone it's just me, watching him slowly fade away.... CANCER SUCKS!!! vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment