About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Up in the mornin...

Been up most of the night because he is, roaming through the house, knocking things over, yelling at the dog and the cat. Then finally around 5:00am I caught him headed out the front door, both socks on one foot, jogging pants on backwards, no shirt, keys in hand and headed for his doctor's appointment. Honey, you can go back to bed it's way to early to go to the doctor. "Are you sure, what time is it, I'm dressed all I need is my shoes on." Really, honey look outside it is still dark, it's only 5:00am you don't have to be there until 8:30, if you will lay back down for a while I promise I will get you up and make sure you get there on time. "Okay, if you say so, I'll lay on the couch for a little bit longer." I knew he shouldn't be driving so I got a shower, got dressed, and drove him to the doctor's office. All the girls at the reception desk were surprised to see him today, he didn't even have an appointment for a blood draw or anything. Thank goodness for those people at the cancer center, they did a blood draw and got him in to see the doctor. This time instead of trying to explain to them about his confusion I let him answer all the questions. Doctor, "How many pain pills are you taking during the day?" Him, "Well I take one at 7 in the morning, or 8 or 9, then I take another one, no wait I take one at 8 or 8:30 in the morning..... you know if they take away my CDL I will lose my job." Doctor, "Okay, let's get him admitted and see what's going on." Today there will be another full body scan, pain meds, and I won't have to stress about whether or not he's eating today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment