About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hope

So they sent him home yesterday on his 70th birthday!! I was totally caught off guard, thought I would have a couple more days to get his "volunteer" schedule set up. Most of his brothers/sisters were at our house to celebrate, which was great!! They brought food with them which was a huge help to me since I haven't gone to the grocery store in almost 3 weeks. We have pretty much made the decision to sell his motorcycle and buy a camper to put up at Mark Twain Lake with the rest of his family. However, one of his sisters is just furious that I won't be selling my bike and that I would even consider going riding and leaving him at home. She is convinced that if he sells that bike he will give up all hope and quit fighting his disease. She was almost sitting in his lap and talking a blue streak about him not selling that bike!! I wish she understood where we were both coming from. He knows he will never be able to ride again, but buying the camper and putting it at the lake gives him hope by having something new to look forward to. And it may sound really selfish on my part but I'm not sick and I can still ride, plus I'm not ready to give up my scooter!! I can still go riding with my girlfriends and getting out of the house, away from his illness, and getting in the wind is my therapy and helps me cope with the whole situation. Some people's idea of hope is nothing like what others "think" it should be.... vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment