About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Family meeting

Last night when his brother and sister-in-law came to visit he was still pretty much out of it. Asking his brother if he saw the dog behind the bed??? WHAT?!?!? Then telling his brother that there was a guy in there last night trying to steal him, and he was trying to get information out of him. I talked to the Doctor last night and she said again... "He CANNOT go home by himself. So, my next step is to wait for the EEG results and see how his day goes. If the doctor still says the same thing I am going to call a family meeting this weekend and let them all know what I might be forced to do. I can hear it now: 1) My sister-in-law Rose's husband has some dementia and she takes care of him why can't I take care of Bernie 2) We will all take turns coming over and helping out with him (that won't last long) 3) You don't care about him you are just worried about yourself 4) I guess you don't love him enough to take care of him.... I am DREADING this, I don't even know for sure what the right thing to do is. I can't affrd a private duty nurse, he won't stand for being dropped off at an adult day care kind of place, he is still with it enough to know what a nursing home is. Here's the thing, he was up again this morning at 4am getting dressed, and the when the nurse asked him where he was going he said I'm getting in my truck and going home!! I would have to sleep with him tied to me to make sure that doesn't happen at home, and again what do I do during the day when I have to work? Never in a million years did I thing I would be dealing with this, I thought I would come home and find him in the back yard dead from a heart attack!! vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment