About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Monday, September 20, 2010

1939

Well, I thought he would be coming home today but I don't see that happening now. This past weekend he was doing fairly well. Had a ton of visitors and he stayed awake, and participated in the conversations. I did find out that he told one of his sisters that he was thinking about selling his motorcycle and buying a camper, then when I asked him about it he said, "I don't know what I'm going to do." Fine with me, it's his decision not mine! Then this morning when I got to his room for nurses rounds, things were not going well. He was half dressed and half undressed, wasn't sure what day it was and couldn't remember my cell phone number nor could he dial it on his cell phone correctly. After about 8 times of trying to see if he could do it, the battery finally went dead and I put the phone in my purse. Then I got a phone call from his nephew Billy asking me if things were okay with him, I said they were okay not great and wanted to know why.... apparently he tried to call billy 7 times between 3am and 5:30am this morning. Then I got a phone call from the doctor saying that she went in to see him and was asking some generic questions to see how the confusion was doing, when she asked what hospital he was in he said DePaul, no wait, Barnes St. Peters. Then she asked him what year it was and he said 1939, she told him not it's actually 2010. Then she asked a few more questions, he answered some and couldn't answer others so she asked what year it was and it was still 1939. After much consideration and asking him a couple more times the year she decided it would be a good idea to call in a neurologist...... vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment