About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Being rude!

So, another grocery store trip (he still doesn't want me going alone). We were walking through an aisle and he is in the middle and there is a lady behind us trying to go around..... Bern you need to move over just a bit. "The hell with em let em go around!" Now I'm embarrassed and look at the lady behind us, excuse me and then I pull the cart to the right and let her go by, she just smiles and goes on. Now I'm really upset, Bernie, I know you're in pain and I know you're tired but that is no excuse for being rude and inconsiderate. "You're right." Then I got to thinking about it, he has every right to be rude and inconsiderate sometimes. I don't know how gracious I would be in that situation. He never gets enough sleep, walking is a huge chore, his back aches all the time, his legs won't hardly hold him up any more. Maybe I was a bit to hasty in berating him, maybe I should have handled it differently. Who knows anymore, I'm tired too, my back hurts sometimes too but I'm not rude to people, I try to be accommodating... This life with cancer is starting to get really hard to navigate in, never knowing what to say or how to say it, trying desperately to not treat him like a child (even though he acts like one)..... vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment