About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Friday, July 23, 2010

Okay, I go to the doctor with him, I hear what the doctor is saying, I take in the magnitude of the diagnosis and I deal with it. Then someone from the family calls and they ask me what is going on and I think they deserve to know what is going on with him just as much as I do. Then HE gets on the phone, "I'm doing great, I feel good, just a little bit of an energy problem, the doctor says I'm fine...." does he just not hear the doctor, is he just trying to sugar coat it for his family, do I not deserve a little sugar coating??? I'm the one who has to deal with the diagnosis, I'm the one who has to make sure he takes the correct meds at the correct time, I'm the one who has to monitor the pain meds to make sure he isn't over medicating, I'm the one awake with him half the night because he can't sleep, I'm the one who has to watch him waste away, I'm the bad guy when I force him to eat something. I know, I know for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I just need to not feel like such a fool after he takes his cell phone into the bathroom with him and makes a follow up call to his family to make sure they know he's okay! Is it me..... vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment