About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Saturday, July 24, 2010

No control

If I've heard it once I've heard it a million times.... "Vicki, you can't control him". Last night he made that crystal clear to me AGAIN! I simply asked if I could move my motorcycle closer to the front of the garage so that in the morning if I want to ride we don't have to go through all the hassle of moving his truck and bike before I can get mine out. (keep in mind that his weight has plummeted from 240 to 185 and he has trouble standing by himself) And he got upset with me and said "Well what's going to happen when I decide I want to go riding..." ARE YOU SERIOUS!! I burst into tears and all he could do was ask what's the matter?? Should I not dash his hopes, should I let him believe that he might someday ride the bike again, should I just let him drive the truck and not worry that his reaction time is less than half of what it used to be? How do I explain things if he kills someone else or himself? Since he is so ill do I just let him do whatever he wants? Is he in denial or am I putting him in a wheelchair to soon??

No comments:

Post a Comment