About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Anxious

So, after work today I will be on vacation for a couple of days (wish we were doing something fun), and I am taking the dog to Monroe City (about 3 hrs away) to get neutered and have some puppy teeth pulled. I am driving up tonight, surgery is tomorrow morning, and I am driving back tomorrow afternoon. Why would she go that far away you might ask.... because it is less than half the cost at my vet here in town. Anyway, he is not going with me because he doesn't think he can do the car ride up and back so close together. Here's the thing, the thought of leaving him alone and being 3 hours away makes my stomach ache and little beads of sweat pop out on my forehead and upper lip. I'm surprised I haven't done the bathroom every 10 minutes thing, which so often accompanies my bouts of anxiety and stress. He says "I'll be fine, my brothers are close if I need anything." That is true but I don't want anyone else there without me. You might think I am a control freak, in some cases you might be correct, but the reasoning in this instance is, I don't want his family making any kind of medical decisions for him. We have talked about this stuff and I know what he would want and what I would be comfortable with. MMMAAANNNNN am I just stressing over this too much, is this an issue that really is a non-issue, can I really control every single thing that happens with him??? Gotta love the uncertainty of living with this dreaded disease.... vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment