About Me

My photo
St. Charles, Missouri, United States
With all the technology we have in this world why is it so hard to find a cure for cancer?

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thanking God

This morning he started ANOTHER new medication to improve his appetite. (I clearly do not have a problem with my appetite) It is liquid and he has to take 4 teaspoons a day in the morning. If it were me I would just continue to not have an appetite, I am not a liquid medication person, gags me every time. He shakes the bottle, grabs a spoon, sits down at the kitchen table, opens the bottle and proceeds to slurp down 4 teaspoons of this white, chalky, foul smelling, liquid. "Does it taste bad?" I very quietly ask. "It tastes terrible, worse than the stuff I have to drink for the bone and CT scans. At least that stuff is banana or vanilla flavored." It's at that moment that I am thanking God for my health and the fact that I don't have to go through any of that. Then I thank God for letting me have him, cancer and all, for as long as I've had him, and I vow to NEVER argue with him again. Now I know that we will argue again, it's human nature to disagree and, I happen to be a very emotional person. But I know how truly blessed we are that his cancer hasn't been the kind that requires the "nasty" chemo were you hair falls out and you are always throwing up. Don't get me wrong, ANY form of cancer is no picnic but God is putting us through this fire for a very important reason and when it's my time to go I'll understand what that test is, until then I'm still thanking Him for everything. (including the arguments) vicki lee

No comments:

Post a Comment